Hi James,

Just something that I nearly forgot, since your about to play around
with IPSEC..  It's about module bug in the IPSEC and Mandrake 9.1
hopefully it's fixed in Mandrake 9.2

O.K. it's a work around, from a post I spotted some time ago, and it
does work.

------- Additional Comments From [EMAIL PROTECTED]  2003-04-10 22:23 -------
Confirmed bug still exists in kernel 2.4.21-0.15mdk.

I didn't fancy recompiling the kernel so I made a workaround.

*) Make a backup of the original module:
cd /lib/modules/2.4.21-0.XXmdk/kernel/net/ipsec/
cp -a ipsec.o.gz ipsec.o.gz.bkp

*) gunzip ipsec.o.gz

*) vi -b ipsec.o   (edit in binary mode)
Search for the string gcc2. Replace with gcc3. Write back the file.

*) gzip -9 ipsec.o

The modified kernel module should now load fine, e.g. with: service
ipsec restart

Cheers
Mark