Hi all
Run up against winxp again, I'm sure they are playing foul.
My friend recently had his PC stolen after all the hard work getting
everything sorted.
So he has his new machine 2.2GHz Athlon and 2 40 GB drives., both
formated NTFS with winXP.
He wants one with winxp on it and 1 with linux.
So went to load MDK 9.2 on it, starts up finds both HD's  but fails to
get an interrupt response and says protection level >= 1.
So disconnect the first HD and swap over the cables so the second HD
looks like the only drive.... same again :((
load a dos floppy with fdisk on it and delete the primary partition.
try yo install MDK9.2 and 9.1 and 8.2 ....same damn thing with interupt
failure and protection.
swap the HD over to second IDE and disable primary IDE in the bios so
now looking at INT 15.....same B**DDy thing  !!!!!.

put the original primary HD back in boot up in WinXP and guess what
second HD shown as 40 GB NTFS.

This is not the first time I've had major probs installing MDK after
winxp has been on a HD..

>From what I've seen its on different MOBOs different size HDs..

So what happens to the newbie who gets a bit fed up with gates and buys
a MDK package, ?
a system that wont load is disastrous.

any ideas how I can get that crap off the mbr so I can load mdk 9.2 ???.
I also think Mandrake needs to combat this ..

Richard
--
Richard Bown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>