On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 05:01 am, many eyes noted that James Sparenberg wrote:
> Yep normal operation.  When you reset time especially this much it has
> to re-sync X.  Though I don't have the details I do know that X is time
> dependent.  Which is why it needs to re-sync.

I tried it by 10 minutes, because the system was out that much when I changed
to daylight saving. Instead of KDE I took your advise and altered it through
MCC (not that I knew what that was, just typed it onto the konsole and
entered root password.) and there was no screen blanking, just changed the
clock and that was it.

Must say that I like it that way better, because the blanking out always gives
me a bit of a shock, though I know that is what is supposed to happen. Makes
one feel like control is lost. Not that control was ever owned.

Charlie

--
A steady wind scours the autumn moon
>From a stagnant pool,
>From the crystal spring every place pure now
Just as it is.
Why, then, does karma yet coil and bind?

- Miao Yin (376-380)

This email is guaranteed to be wholly Linux Mandrake 9.1, Kmail v1.5 and
OpenOffice.org1.1.0