On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 07:19 pm, many eyes noted that James Sparenberg wrote:
>  On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 05:01 am, many eyes noted that James Sparenberg wrote:
> > > Yep normal operation.  When you reset time especially this much it has
> > > to re-sync X.  Though I don't have the details I do know that X is time
> > > dependent.  Which is why it needs to re-sync.
> >
> > I tried it by 10 minutes, because the system was out that much when I
> > changed to daylight saving. Instead of KDE I took your advise and altered
> > it through MCC (not that I knew what that was, just typed it onto the
> > konsole and entered root password.) and there was no screen blanking,
> > just changed the clock and that was it.
>
> MCC is Mandrake Control Center (aka DrakConf) the main configuration
> tool for Mandrake.  Oh and I know why you kept loosing "time"  In KDE
> when you set time you also have to set the zone.  No matter if it says
> the right one or not.  If you don't it defaults to UCT or some such
> nonsense.

Thanks James,
             I have trouble with the acronyms, still, but discovered what it was when
I typed it in konsole.

Charlie.

--
A steady wind scours the autumn moon
>From a stagnant pool,
>From the crystal spring every place pure now
Just as it is.
Why, then, does karma yet coil and bind?

- Miao Yin (376-380)

This email is guaranteed to be wholly Linux Mandrake 9.1, Kmail v1.5 and
OpenOffice.org1.1.0