On Tuesday 04 Nov 2003 12:58 pm, Ken Walker wrote:
> Unplug the hub and plug a single device into the port on the PC. If
> it works then its the hub, if not, try all the devices you had
> plugged into the hub one at a time, cos it might just be your first
> choice that's stopping everything. If all fails its then down to
> the machine/operating system.
>
> :o)
>
> Do one thing at a time and you should soon find the reason.

I could not get usb working again at all.  I tried everything plugged
in directly, but no joy.  I then booted to another kernel, started
the driver module with a manual insmod, and all the usb stuff works.

I have come to the conclusion that GnomeMeeting with the pwcx driver
module is not compatible with the win4lin patched kernel.  I
therefore tried to get rid of it - and have ended up with a big
problem.  I took the insmod line out of modules.conf and rebooted,
but I am still seeing

finding module dependencies:  depmod:  *** Unresolved symbols in
/lib/modules/2.4.21-0.13mdk/misc/pwcx-2.4.20.0

so it must still be loading the module, I think.  Anyway, it gets to
probing the hardware, and freezes.

There has to be a way of finding and deleting the startup line that is
causing it.  Any pointers, please?

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302