On Friday 07 Nov 2003 2:39 pm, Carroll Grigsby wrote:
> On Friday 07 November 2003 04:34 am, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > On Friday 07 Nov 2003 9:13 am, Alexis L. wrote:
> > > Indeed, I have the same audio chip set, and after a few hours
> > > research...., I eventually realized that the sound volume was
> > > set to zero in aumix..
> >
> > We have to try to find a way of getting people to use the TWiki.
> > One of the main reasons for making it was to avoid the constant
> > FAQs. This one, for instance has been covered there for ages.
> > What can we do the make it more visible to users?
> >
> > Eric is now sending out regular introductory messages to the
> > Newbie list, but it seems that newbies are increasingly using the
> > Expert list.  Would it help to have a weekly message here as
> > well?
> >
> > Any better ideas?
> >
> > Anne
>
> Anne:
> Do you suppose that Sympa or whoever could add the line, "Have you
> visited http://twiki/mdklinuxfaq.org yet?" after the plug for the
> store? -- cmg

No.  I have talked with Gael Duval about this.  It seems that if they
did something like that it could be taken that they have some legal
responsibility for the contents of the TWiki - clearly that is
unfair, since they do not control it.  He has put a link on the
Mandrake website, but newbies are not going to find that for some
time, so it's up to us to find a more helpful way.

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302