On Sun, 2003-11-09 at 23:25, t_gecks wrote:
> Another great sync tool to mention would be unison in my eyes. I've
> tried several and this has come out as the best for my needs, it
> synchronizes in both directions, presents you a list of what to do which
> you can edit and has the ability to sync over ssh, rsh and ftp or
> locally. It exists in a Windows version, too.
>
> http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/

Funny that you mention this.  I just grabbed it two days ago and I
really like the way it dual syncs, notices files that are deleted etc.
Turns your laptop into a palm in a sense, working over the internet or
lan.  I've a couple of minor "Man I wish" type things. Like being able
to declare multiple directories in a single profile but the truth is.
It works and works rather well.  It even backups soft links as a
softlink, not as a file or dir.

James