Hi,

>>> I followed the steps given in README.RPM
>>>
>>> 1. mailbox_transport = lmtp:$myhostname
>>>    (/etc/postfix/main.cf)
>>> 2. lmtp cmd="lmtpd" listen="lmtp" prefork=0 (/etc/cyrus.conf)
>>> 3. add "lmtp_admins: cyruslmtp" at the bottom of /etc/cyrus.conf
>>> 4. useradd "cyruslmtp" with password "testing123"
>
> I think I found the cause to the problem. I need to use saslpasswd2 for
> cyruslmtp rather than useradd/passwd? I'm a little confused with sasldb
and
> saslauthd. I'm using cyrus-imapd-2.1.15-6mdk. I have saslauthd 2.1.15
> (authentication mechanisms: getpwent kerberos5 pam rimap shadow ldap) and
> saslpasswd2 installed. Which one should I use? How do I check if saslauthd
> is used by default? BTW, I don't have /etc/imapd.conf. Is that replaced by
> /etc/postfix/main.cf?

Sorry for all the noise. I found that 9.2 is using saslauthd by default. The
information is provided in /etc/imapd.conf.

sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
sasl_mech_list: PLAIN

I do have /etc/imapd.conf as it came with LM 9.2, but not smtpd.conf. I
guess smtpd.conf is indeed replaced by main.cf.

Regards,
Norman