Hi,

>> Sorry for all the noise. I found that 9.2 is using saslauthd by default.
>> The information is provided in /etc/imapd.conf.
>>
>> sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
>> sasl_mech_list: PLAIN
>>
>> I do have /etc/imapd.conf as it came with LM 9.2, but not smtpd.conf. I
>> guess smtpd.conf is indeed replaced by main.cf.
>
> Well, no, smtpd.conf is the sasl configuration for postfix smtp auth. If
> you need smtp auth you'll need to create that file (in /usr/lib/sasl2, I
> think it's the wrong location but that's how mandrake's sasl package is
> configured). If you don't need smtp auth forget about
> /usr/lib/sasl2/smtpd.conf

I added the following lines to /etc/postfix/main.cf

smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtpd_sasl_local_domain = $myhostname
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated,
check_relay_domains

My users are local users. If I changed /usr/lib/sasl2/smtpd.conf to include
pwcheck_method:sasldb, that means I need to add users to
/var/lib/sasl2/sasl.db manually and also assign permission 644 to satisfy
chroot condition? This would also make it very difficult for users to change
their password? If I use local users, I could give them usermin access and
they could change password at will.

If I use the option pwcheck_method:pwcheck. I need to add /usr/sbin/pwck to
/etc/rc.d/rc.local but I get the following errors.

user adm: directory /var/adm does not exist
user news: directory /var/spool/news does not exist
user uucp: directory /var/spool/uucp does not exist
pwck: no changes

I'm lost here. Could you give some hints?

Regards,
Norman