On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 3:35 AM, Paul Moore <p.f.mo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Odd, since I'm running on Windows myself. I just downloaded the latest
> Windows x86 build and ran factor.exe no problem.

It's an issue with my machine and the software on thinkpad laptops
from what we can gather. Something causes Factor to generate an
exception whenever a key is pressed.

> Hmm, that took a couple of minutes then crashed factor!

What does 'crashed factor' mean? I suspect it means you get an out of
memory error or something?

> But I'm not sure I see the
> relevance of left recursion - the grammar

It's not relevant to your grammar. I'm saying that my pegs are
different to other peg implementations in general so performance will
be different with different grammars.

> No problem - although I'd say that usage would increase because it's
> an extremely useful module :-)

People are welcome to use it of course, but it's no longer being
developed. I'm exploring other parsing ideas instead.

Chris.
--
http://www.bluishcoder.co.nz