I suggest you look at the "game.loop" vocabulary (in addition to general
opengl things).

Joe Groff has some blogs about it, one of the first is here:

    http://duriansoftware.com/joe/The-Factor-game-framework.html

These demos might be useful to look at:

    IN: scratchpad "tetris" run
    IN: scratchpad "boids" run
    IN: scratchpad "terrain" run

Also, there are some demos using the GPU:

    IN: scratchpad: "gpu.demos.bunny" run
    IN: scratchpad: "gpu.demos.raytrace" run

Also, this is a fun little game demo built by Joe:

    https://github.com/jckarter/papier