We have made SSL support opt-in, so in this case the bug is that
hacker-news tries to use a https URL without having loaded "urls.secure".
Probably we should handle this in an automatic way when an https url is
requested, but for now this is fixed in this patch:

https://github.com/slavapestov/factor/commit/a1a9326307e68e6c981b7d9ac601abab4afbe3bd

Thanks for the report.