Force pushing doesn't fix it, so I want to delete the master branch and
then force push again. My current guess is that there are stale objects
that github isn't pruning and that force pushing doesn't exactly mirror the
object packs on disk, and that cloning pulls down the bad objects.

But I'm not an admin so I can't try this out yet.

Doug