I confirm the same behavior on Windows 10, latest development build of 64-bit
Factor.
It doesn't depend on the numpad or on physical keys.

For example, when I use the normal English/US layout, the keys for semicolon
and comma (";" and ",") generate only the "key-down" events. Pressing "q" and
"w" generates both "key-down" and "key-up".
If I switch to the Programmer Dvorak layout, the physical keys that used to be
"q" and "w" in the US layout now will produce the ";" and "," correspondingly,
and they will again produce only the "key-down" events in the gesture-logger.
Pressing the keys that formerly produced only "key-downs" as ";" and "," will
now produce both "key-down" and "key-up", being mapped to "s" and "w".

It seems that the physical keyboard or the layout is not to blame. For some
reason Factor eats some of the key-up events for punctuation characters.

There are many such characters that I can see treated differently by Factor:
These Factor's treatment of these keys is not dependent on the physical key,
but on the logically mapped character it produces under the currently selected
layout.

Numpad keys may be different in that even when Programmer Dvorak produces
"a"-"f" or "x", they still don't give a ""key-up" event.