Hi Dave,

I really don't disagree with you that much, however there is likely going
to be an increasing shift to main over the next few years, here's some
background by GitHub on the topic:

    https://github.com/github/renaming

And some information about the change to support init.defaultBranch in git
2.28:

    https://github.blog/2020-07-27-highlights-from-git-2-28/

There is no need to rush into a rename... If anyone feels strongly, we can
even delay it or discuss it further.  Ideally, it won't impact anyone
except the core developers since we can maintain a master branch that
mirrors main (rather than the other way around) if we commit to the rename
at some point.  In addition, "fixing" other language uses like
whitelist/blacklist to allowlist/blocklist is pretty much a resolved topic
for most projects, whether they've had direct feedback about offensive
language or not.

I wonder when it's not going to be PC to refer to algorithms like STONITH.

Best,
John.