--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Brigante" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> <SNIP>
>
> > There is also a longstanding tradition that cannabis sativa is the
> soma plant. No firm
> > opinion here.
> >
> > L B S
>
> **********
>
> Deepak Chopra's first book, Return of the Rishi, convinced me that
> the soma plant is a very rare plant that grows only on slopes of the
> Himalayas, and grows following the cycle of the moon -- it used to be
> on the shelf at the Fairfield Library if you're interested.

&&&&&&&&

Read it years ago.

Don't remember for sure if the discription was the same, but I think I heard
that it has X
number of leaves, one of which falls off each night for X-1 nights prior to the
full moon,
so that on the full moon night there is only one left on the plant, and THAT is
the one you
want to eat.

Hope I didn't just make that up.

L B S