Comments and questions below:

--- lupidus108 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ->
> > > You didn't answer my question. What is your
> direct
> > > personal experience with Punditji to come to
> such a
> > > conclusion?
> > > -Peter
>
> If I had seen Mr. Shankar regularily for years,
> would that make you
> satisfied ? Why should I give you any details
> whatsoever of my
> experiences with Ravi Shankar ?

Because you apparently have had no direct experience
of him or his teaching and have come to a very
negative conclusion. Your opinion appears to be based
on TMO gossip and your own projections (But I could be
wrong!). To know any teacher you must spend time with
them and practice their teachings. For example, I can
say nothing about Amma even though I saw her 17 years
ago and got a hug from her. We have no dharma
together. I don't experience the Divine in her. But
this means nothing. For me to pass judgement on her
and her teachings would be the height of arrogance.
Obviously many see the Divine in her. I trust and
believe their experience and know for them she is
intimately involved with their awakening. Another
example: a good friend of mine has seen Punditji
several times and spent a day with him privately
several years ago. For him, zero, nada, zilch. He said
both he and I had more darshan than Punditji. Ha! He
has no dharma with Punditji. I do and very clearly
experience the Divine in him. It blows my mind. MMY
did an excellent job as his guru.

That being said, I do understand your comment about
Punditji being a MMY clone (I'm sure he'd see this as
a great compliment). When I first saw a tape of him I
had the same reaction; I thought he was copying MMY.
But as I got to experience him personally this rapidly
changed. The Divine within him radiates just as
powerfully as MMY, but his personality is very, very
different. Much more laid-back and personal.

> I do take it for granted though, that your comment
> of Mr. Shankar
> being Guru Dev was a joke.

Absolutely not (But what it even means to say that
Punditji is Guru Dev is something I don't understand).
You have no idea who Punditji is if you haven't spent
time with him. But it probably isn't your dharma to
have a relationship with him. Your Divine comes in a
different package. Different jug, same water. The
divine in Guru Dev is the same in MMY and is the same
in Punditji. These guys (along with all the other
ones) are more than enlightened. They function as
gurus. A guru is much more than enlightenment.
-Peter