> on 3/22/05 4:35 PM, Alex Stanley at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Sal Sunshine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> >> The right to life *includes* the right to die with dignity,
> >> or else everybody would be on machines until their bodies
> >> crumbled.
> >
> > Well, BushCo, the GOPers in Congress, Terri Schiavo's parents, and
> > their supporters all disagree with you, because keeping Terri hooked
> > up to artificial life support until her body crumbles is *exactly*
> > what they are striving for. For crying out loud, the woman doesn't
> > even have a cerebral cortex! It's a puddle of spinal fluid. Her
> > higher brain functions are long gone.
>
> It would be interesting if those trying to keep her alive could
experience
> for ten minutes what it's like to be her, then return to their normal
> states. I bet they'd all change their position on the matter.
+++++ Ok, I would bet that in being her, they would know that the
problem was brought on by her husband choking her and breaking some
bones and so her resolve to live and see it all brought to light has
kept her going all this time.
      I have expierienced two cases where people decided it was enough
and left the body which lasted only a few days before shutting down.
      If this girl wanted to die, she would be long gone now.  N.