On Mar 26, 2005, at 8:01 PM, off_world_beings wrote:

> Why did you so easily spread the lie that TM is illegal to be taught
> in public schools? It has been taught in public schools for over  a
> decade. It is legal, and it always will be legal (of course the
> fundie redneck christians will never let it be widespread.)

It is illegal to even mention the word "god" in the pledge of
allegiance in some places. But it should be allowable to bring Hinduism
into the schools? You believe that this is the Vedic tradition, right?

>>> TM is taught in public schools and has been for over 10 years.
> It is
>>> legal to teach TM in public schools and always will be.
>>
>> While I think it is a good idea to teach meditation, I'm not sure
>> teaching TM will always be around in our school systems. Number
> one, I
>> don't have the siddhi of viewing time at the quantum level. Number
> two,
>> eventually people will realize that this is a violation of church
> and
>> state. >>.
>
> No it is not. It does not require any belief, or giving up other
> religions.

It requires you to believe the mantra will work--a mantra from the
Hindu tantras. It requires you to hear a listing of a common lineage in
Hinduism. It requires you to be present at a prana-prasthitha rite. No?

-V.