--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "rudra_joe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Symbolic of the collective consciousness, especially as the
president wet his pants over it. If you ascribe to that shit. My
wife asked if she was still alive and i said, dont know don't care.
<snip>
Well, if you can stand one more idea..... I think that Michael is
doing a mercy killing. I saw the Cooper show last night.The guardian
said he thought that the rift between Michael and the parents may
have ocurred at a time when Michael accepted what all the doctors
had been saying, that Terri was brain dead, and the parents could
not accept it. If Euthanasia was legal then Michael  could just say
it was euthanasia, instead he has to state that these were Terri's
wishes. If Euthanaisia was legal, it would be possible to medicate
Terri. Chopra had some interesting points. He said that both sides
were coming from love and compassion. He said that with the advance
in science we have defined death. He said that if you take an organ
out of the body, you can keep it alive in a petri dish, but that
does not constitute life. He said Terri's eeg was non-existent,
therefore she is already dead according to science. He also said she
had no awareness and could not suffer.
My Advanced directive requests pulling the plug but giving morphine
to be sure there is no pain.