--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rory Goff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
>  <one small snip for maya; one giant bleep for maya-kind>

> > And here's where your appreciation of the three Gunas as like
the
> > triangle, the square and the circle might come into play, Tom --
> the
> > vector-equilibrium matrix (also known as a cuboctahedron), which
> > (AFAIK) is the key to Brahma's creation in spacetime, consists
of
> 12
> > vertices or points and 14 faces -- 8 triangles, 6 squares -- and
> > overall 4 great-circles or hexagons wrapping around it at
> different
> > angles: not unlike the old pictures of the atom from the 1950s,
if
> you
> > simply enclosed its three intersecting ellipses or rings inside
> > single ring seen face-on. So indeed, there's your circles,
> triangles,
> > and squares as the building blocks comprising Brahma's spacetime
> > creativity. :-)
>
> Also, if you rest this vector-equilibrium (VE) matrix on one of
its
> square sides, from that square base you see a pyramid with four
> edges (light-shafts) rising up and converging to a point, and then
> continuing on through the point to make an upside-down pyramid
> above: Again, the double-cone. At the center bindu-point of the
two
> pyramids is Brahma, with His four "faces" emitting four more
shafts
> of light in a great horizontal cross. This gives you your 12 rays
> again -- four going out to each of the vertical pyramids, 4 more
> the horizontal cross. Seen another way, the whole cluster looks
like
> 3 great crosses interconnecting -- the old triple-cross!

And each of these 3 great crosses "is" one of the three Gunas,
manifesting out from the Brahma-point in the 4 "elements" of Earth,
Air, Fire and Water -- or seen another way, with a triangle at the
top, triangle at bottom, and a great circle or hexagon around the
middle, the three "elements" of Fire (one triangle, of red, yellow
and blue), Air (the opposing triangle of orange, green, and violet),
and Water/Earth (the intermediary equator or great circle of red-
orange, orange-yellow, yellow-green, green-blue, blue-violet, and
violet-red). Seen from above, this 3-D interlaced triangles-and-
great hexagon flattens nicely to map onto a standard 2-D Zodiac
wheel.

I find all of this stuff fascinating, but it would be a lot clearer
with a 3-D model or at least some illustrations, so I'll quit now.
Better late than never. :-)

Again, whether we see any of this stuff at all or not doesn't really
matter in the slightest -- as a very wise friend has reminded me,
MMY once said, we are all on a train to the same great destination;
some of us look out the windows and some don't.

So I think if we simply relax and pay attention to what's in front
of us, it's God/dess smiling out through some mask or other -- the
one we most need to see in this moment -- and yet another mirror of
ourSelf.

LLL,
Rory