Hey...who you callin' unhealthy.

My kids love the puja room and go in there to read or do home work
because they find it peaceful.  Scary?  How do you get that?  the
Ganesha is big and fat and friendly looking. The Durga is an antique
from a temple, carved out of mango wood. The paint is nicely faded
and there are lots of carved flowers around her.  It is all very
peaceful and not oppressive at all.  Besides I keep the door closed
when their friends come over.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Sal Sunshine
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I don't mind hearing about other peoples' kids when it sounds
healthy.
> Not too sure, though, about making kids live with "2 elaborate
altars
> with a 3 foot
>    stone Ganesha and a 4 foot Durga along with Vishnu, Lakshmi and
other
>    deities." If I were a kid, that would be the last thing I would
want
> to face every day.  It sounds almost frightening.  Why not a
couple of
> stone dragons with moving eyes to complete the Haunted Vedic
Mansion