> on 4/30/05 1:18 PM, jyouells2000 at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > --------------
> > "It was hell. ...After the first
> > five days everyone on the course that I spoke to
> > wanted to leave, everyone."
>
> Everyone he spoke to. I've heard that some others loved it. But maybe they
> are cult zombies.

If it was hell, why did he and others stay till
the end? Either he had changed his mind by
then (apparently not), feared repercussions
from leaving (in which case he's spineless),
or made the mistake of not understanding
"sunk cost," i.e., an investment unrecoverable
via suffering through something dreadful.

Economists argue that, if you are rational,
you will not take sunk costs into account
when making decisions. In the case of a
movie ticket that you regret purchasing,
there are two possible end results. You
will either have:

       1.        Paid the price of the ticket and
put up with watching a movie that you do not
want to see
 or
        2.       Paid the price of the ticket
and used the time to do something more fun.

Apparently, he chose door #1.

Is he planning to pursue any of the post-course
projects? If so, why? While he condemned the
nature of the course, he didn't really say that
he wasn't planning to carry out the course's
goals, other than to recount them such that they
sound goofy.

A good friend of mine raves about her time on
the course.

But, then, my opinions and questions don't
matter. Bob has correctly labeled my musings
as witless and thick. I offer them as a sort of
reverse sunk cost fallacy in which, knowing
the folly of having invested thought into them,
I force others to endure them nonetheless,
stupidly expecting a recoupment.