My guess is that upon the forming of a new corporate countenance to front the new movement the old corporations and their agreements have been obsoleted. Moreover, Maharishi himself has decommisioned people thereby relieving them of the choice of continued obligation. The prior peoples of TM could probably claim that they have some percentage to the original name and product through having donated much monies over the years, in terms of restoration, and that should be a counter claim to any potential threat. Furthermore, it could probably be argued that they could use the name Transcendental Meditation regardless of any consideration due to monopoly laws, and usury laws. This is a pithy area, and the willing lawyer can foresee a huge class action to regain proprietary rights to a product basically stolen from the people who developed or promoted it. I don't see Maharishi ever being sequestered into court in the US or elsewhere so my guess is he doesn't have a legal foot to stand on. Finally, he would be probably arrested for contempt upon arriving in the US should he make a claim.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 11:20 AM
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] question for jane

I've been thinking for the last several years that I'd
like to start teaching TM again. Of course I would
have to do it outside of the constraints of the TMO
and its insane $2500 fee. I'd probably charge $325.00
for a working adult which is the going rate for a
weekend seminar in this area. Of course I'd do it for
less if the person couldn't afford it or if they were
a student or retired. George asks a good question.
Anyone familiar with the legal assaults in the US or
elsewhere that "independents" have experienced?
-Peter