Comments at end

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter Sutphen
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I don't know if you're serious or not (no smiley face
> to help with the irony...) but I'll assume you are:
>
> --- Zdravko Baselli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Peter, speaking such words about Maharishi, who gave
> > you and others
> > The highest knowledge in the universe, is very
> > wrong,
>
> Wrong? Calling MMY a coyote? I assume that is what you
> are talking about. I'm referring to American Indian
> mythology that regarded the coyote as a
> "trickster-helper" that created all sorts of surface
> problems for people, but in the end always,
> ultimately, supported them.
>

> > and it surely
> > brings you very bad karma.
>
> No. that is just your own alogical thinking and
> irrational thought process. Piaget would say this type
> of thinking, which saturates the TMO, is
> preoperational. Do you avoid black cats and toss salt
> over your left shoulder when you spill it? You're
> attempting to regulate me because my post triggers
> feelings within you that you have not come to terms
> with. You are rational enough to recognize a level of
> madness within MMY, but are in denial about it. Thus
> your attempts to demonize and marginalize me. Don't
> shoot the messenger! Deal with your own crap. Don't
> throw it on me.
>

> > He gave you The greatest
> > gift someone can
> > get in this life.
>
> Do you know that or do you believe that as a mindless
> catechism to ward off your own awareness of MMY's
> madness?
>

> > Be awake for such a blessing which
> > Maharishi has
> > bestowed on you and on many, many others.
>
> MMY did not "bestow" anything. That is your juvenile,
> submissive fantasy of a conflicted father
> relationship. You're still trying to be the "good" boy
> to get your narcissistic dad's approval. Guess what,
> he'll never approve of you! You have to grow-up and
> leave him.....and then he'll approve of you, once it's
> no longer needed. Irony of ironies. You think a master
> turns a slave into a master by giving him permission
> to be a master?
>

> > Everyone
> > on this list can
> > only be forever thankful to Maharishi for Knowledge
> > he has given us,
> > which otherwise we would have to wait for thousands
> > of lives.
>
> Are you a spiritual child? You're lost in a
> self-created land of big, bad adults who withhold
> their approval of you. So you seek to be "good" to
> gain their approval. Such submissive, immature
> whining. That part of you is disgusting. Wake up!
>

>  Think,
> > when again such an opportunity will come to us all?
>
> Of course. And I took full "advantage" of it. Don't
> you worry about my relationship with MMY. We're cool.
> You've got your own relationship with him to workout.
> Right now you appear to be bending over too much, yes?
> -Peter

------------------

I always enjoy your insights Peter, both profesional and
spiritual/personal. What you write makes sense. Over the years I have
pondered the father-figure role of MMY. (Or even Jerry -- I remember
girls on courses in late 60's early 70's  lamenting their own fathers
and wishing Jerry were their fathers.)

I know in my own case, in my teens, I fought my father's boundaries
(and his good sense too) and sought more (the nature of life they
say). In retrospect, MMY played a father type role for a desperately
seeking 17 yr old. Perhaps good for a while, but it had ramifcations
as the years rolled on, stunting my intellectual and rational
development in my early 20's, IMO. And there were lingering threads
tugging at me for years after that, looking outside to him for answers
and fulfillment.

While I see the pitfalls and folly of such in my life, and in the
paths of freinds and acquaintances, the father-figure phenomenon
raises some questions: when is a "mentor" / guide playing a useful
role and when does the (often one-sided) relationship  become
dysfunctional?

For example, if you don't mind me using you as example -- so that we
can go beyond abstractions. Anyone could turn your words focussed back
to you and say your past observations about MMY being a paradox of
Blazing Brahman and crazy behavior as "your own alogical thinking and
irrational thought process ... [based on ]feelings within you that you
have not come to terms  with. You are rational enough to recognize a
level of  madness within MMY, but are in denial about it."

Or in your relationship with Pundit-ji -- which I experientially get
and understand -- anyone could say "[Father-figure] did not "bestow"
anything. That is your juvenile,  submissive fantasy of a conflicted
father relationship. You're still trying to be the "good" boy
to get your narcissistic dad's approval. Guess what,
he'll never approve of you! You have to grow-up and
leave him.....and then he'll approve of you".

I don't believe either "criticism" is valid for you, but I cannot
articulate the healthy mentor/syfunctional fat her figure" syndromes
as clearly as i think it can and should be done. Thus I am asking for
a clearer demarcation from you: when is a "mentor" / guide playing a
useful role and when does the (often one-sided) relationship become
dysfunctional?

A related them, you said:  "And I assure you, a psychitrist would find
me quite sane and quite rational."  And I am sure that is the case.
But it raises a general question -- to what extent can one diagnose
themselves?  If a psychiatrist, or any professional was off balance,
to what extent can they get out of their mind-set and see it? For
example John Nash -- the Princeton mathametician about whom "A
Beautiful Mind" was made, could not see for a long time that he was
"hallucinating". And Nash was so brilliant, none of us are even close
to his league.

More generally, fish don't "get" that they are in water, because that
is their world. People that are "stuck" within a father-figure
syndrome, or any number of other limiting mind-sets, often can't see
it, until they are out of it. Again, what is the line of demarcation
between healthy mentorship and father-figure neuroses /psychoses --
and can one who is locked "within the circle" see outside the circle?

In a sense, this is also the conundrum of life, similar to Plato's
cave: we can't see outside of the cave. Caught in any particular cycle
of bondage -- whether very grand or very consticting -- one often
can't see outside the cycle.

And the father-figure theme relates to some recent threads: Is all the
silliness of the past decades in the TMO simply a clarion trumpet
blast to "wake up", "be a man" (or woman), "leave the nest", "do what
ought to be done" -- in terms of teaching others and doing ones
sadhana?  While I have hypothesized as you have demntia, plus other t
hings -- low seretonin levels, rasayana mercury effects, etc. -- for
the strangeness of MMY and that the TMO has become, I can also
entertain the possibility that MYY is laughing hysterically, "How much
more goofy do I have to become until they get it, and cut the cord?"