> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "do.rflex" <do.rflex@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, MDixon6569@ wrote:
> > >
> > > Actually Lurk I thought the little boy was quite cute and sang
> > > beautifully, but for somebody to say "they were almost converted
> > > to Islam on the spot", based  on a cute child, sweet voice and
> > > luring melody was pretty emotional and lacked  reason. Words have
> > > meaning. What was he actually saying? That is why I commented,
> > > was this the verse about the rocks crying out "there is a Jew
> > > behind  me , come and kill him!"
> >
> > Predisposed bigotry, plain and simple.
>
> Actually, MDixon is making a very valid point,

No. He isn't. He's predisposed to assume that because the boy is
singing from the Koran that he's singing something against Jews.
That's predisposed bigotry.

 and
> I hear *you* demonstrating predisposed bigotry, plain
> and simple, not him.

Where, specifically?

> His point is a good one. What did the verse *say*. For
> Judy to make such a remark as "I was almost converted
> to Islam on the spot" about hearing a voice *and not
> having any idea what it was saying* was stupid to the
> max. He could have been singing the Koran's counterpart
> to the Biblical verse you cited for all she knew. And
> believing every word of it. He could have been singing
> the verse from the Koran that MDixon cites above.

I've said absolutely nothing about Judy's comment. But according to
Judy, Dixon's verse is a hadith, not a verse from the Koran. A hadith
is a passed on saying. I'd make it akin to the 'Christian' saying "God
helps those who help themselves" which also is not found in any
Biblical scripture.

> The thing is, *you don't know*. And neither does Judy.

And neither does Dixon.

> And yet she was willing to allow emotion to color her
> thinking enough to say something silly like she said.

I've said absolutely nothing about Judy's comment. If you have a
problem with what Judy said then take it up with her.

> And you've been even worse, trying to paint MDixon as
> a bigot

Nope. He's painted *himself* as a bigot. I've merely pointed it out.

> when, from my point of view, he hasn't said
> anything the least bit bigoted. He was just pointing
> out yours and Judy's knee-jerk reactions to certain
> things that you tend to become knee jerks about.

Where?

> The bigot in this scenario is *you*, John. You're
> actively trying to characterize MDixon's position as
> being very different than it is.

No. I'm pointing out that his position is predisposed bigotry, which
it is.

> I don't agree with
> many of his political leanings, either, but unlike you
> I don't feel the need to demonize him for holding them.
> You do.

A bigot is a bigot. Quit trying to play people against each other for
your ego facade, Barry. It's humiliatingly [for you] transparent.