--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "suziezuzie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "do.rflex" <do.rflex@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "suziezuzie" <msilver1951@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > I've been listening to Charles Lutes every night, all his
> recorded
> > > lectures and answers to questions. After a few weeks of
> listening, I'm
> > > getting the impression that he was a legitimately powerful soul.
> >

> > Charlie was, in my view, an institution. I had the good fortune to
> > have known him personally for over 20 years and I felt a tremendous
> > empty gap when he passed away. In the later years before he got
> sick I
> > began to recognize that he was literally his 'own' being and
> commanded
> > a powerful yet sublime energy presence. He didn't look outside of
> > himself for anything. As you've likely noticed in his lectures,
> > whatever the question or topic, he always focused it in terms of
> > encouraging the meditaters in their practice of Transcendental
> Meditation.
> >
> > "You have taken on the human form to gain Divine Mind through
> > knowledge and experience in the field of combined opposites."
> >
> > ~~  Charlie Lutes
> >

> > Revealing exchange between Charlie Lutes and Maharishi [according to
> > Charlie]
> >
> > Charlie said, "Why don't you tell them that if they meditate for
> God
> > they will evolve faster?" "Oh Charlie, we not have to tell them
> > everything!", laughed Maharishi.
>
> Without being disrespectful, could you be kind enough to describe
> that period of time when Lutes had become ill? Did you ever see him
> during this period? The reason I ask this, is because I was really in
> awe of his strengh and solid personality. I was really shocked and
> disheartened to find out that he had contracted dementia. How did he
> handle himself in the midst of this disease? How did he make that
> transformation from being a dynamic personality into one as we see
> characterized by those who suffer from dementia? IOW, I'm trying to
> understand that transformation by a man of personal strengh,
> supposedly enlightened into a new and seemingly weaker state, yet
> still enlightened.

I lost phone contact with Charlie when, in the mid 1990's, I
temporarily moved to San Diego and found out he had moved to
Scottsdale, AZ. I had been informed that he was ill and that it would
be in his best interests to not disturb him and to leave him to the
care of those with him. Apparently he wished it that way, although he
never told me that himself. In any case I respected the request fully
trusting that he was in the best of care. Regretfully, for that
reason, I'm at a loss to answer your question. He passed away in 2001.

"The one who has come, has to go. Nobody can stay here. Every moment
keep your luggage packed. Nobody knows when death will call. The
warrant of death is like the arrest warrant. One cannot think of
appealing against it. Quickly one should leave off everything and
leave. Whatever is, wherever is, we have to leave and go.

So, if you are ready before, there will be not much of a difficulty,
while leaving. The one who is always ready to leave, will never be
able to sin. Only by forgetting the other world, one becomes immoral
and licentious. If a man remembers at every moment, that one day or
the other all will have to leave this world, then he will never be
able to bring in untruth and inappropriate conduct into his life."

~~ Guru Dev