From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of lurkernomore20002000
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2007 11:52 PM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Lurk FLAMING 2

--- In HYPERLINK
"mailto:FairfieldLife%40yahoogroups.com"FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
off_world_beings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
Insulting use of logic, judgmental about cultural nuances (prejudice),
> trying to be the only one defining what is an insult, and what
isn't, is arrogant flaming (judgemetal), and infalmmatory posture =
Flaming. End result = overall insult to people's intelligence.

Lurk:
Off, I love ya like a brother, but this doesn't pass the smell test.
If it looks like an insult and sounds like an insult, it probably IS
an insult, no matter how you try to dress it up. And for the record,
when I made the statement to the effect, "Off, I just love to push
your anger button", it was in this context- in my very humble, limited
view, you are quite predictable. So that I have learned that
expressing an opinion which is not in 85% agreement with your opinion,
is likely to attract some kind of vehement response, usually in the
form of a flame.

I have no desire to upset you. I like you. But I gotta say, that fuse
seems awfully short.

The funny thing about Off – I knew him when he was in Fairfield – is that he
comes across as this sweet, gentle, mild-mannered fellow. Maybe if I had
hung out with him I would have gotten to know the fiery Scotsman we see
here.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
6:59 PM