From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2007 9:56 AM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Turq, Shempgurk, and Off-World

In a message dated 10/2/07 9:49:46 A.M. Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL
PROTECTED] writes:

Guys, please use the “party” yardstick while posting to FFL. And I’m talking
about a civil, relatively sober party. At such a gathering, spirited
discussions are appropriate. Calling one another “idiots” and “assholes” is
not, if the terms are not used in jest, which in this case they’re not. FFL
hasn’t become bland and colorless due to our more civil behavior. Personal
insults do not contribute to the discussions, they only debase them.

Rick, do you honestly thing those that use those terms regularly are listening?

I certainly think they’ll read my post. And they and others cleaned up their
acts after we collectively resolved to do so. They’re just backsliding a bit.
Partly because I haven’t been very tuned into what’s been going on and I’ve let
them get away with it. As you know, I’m very reluctant to play cop, but I’m
obviously the one to do it if anyone is going to, and I do think that FFL was
improved by our determination to refrain from personal attacks. The quality of
the discussions quickly took a turn for the better. These guys are intelligent
and I think they see that and will be willing to cooperate.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
6:59 PM