On Oct 14, 2007, at 5:21 PM, Angela Mailander wrote:

I might not have time to elaborate too much this week since I've got a house guest from China staying with me. But I'll do what I can. Also, it's a big subject that can't be dealt with in a few emails. It definitely can't be dismissed with a facile phrase like "the Nazis highjacked the New Age." I've done long and serious scholarship and research on the topic. The New Age (for lack of a better term) aspect of German fascism was swept under the rug beginning with the Nuremberg war crimes trials, so this Egon guy probably never heard of it. I would never have heard of it either if I hadn't been meditating by some real fluke. Nazi Germany was crawling with all kinds of gurus--not just Indian, but also Tibetan, Chinese and Japanese. But as soon as the war was over in 45, they all vanished over night. I mean totally vanished in one swell foop so radical that it must have been orchestrated through a single source. The guy who taught me when I was six was a left over who was hiding out under a shepherd's cloak.

I know you're busy being a host to guests but I have to ask, are you assigning some malicious intent from these easterners in Germany or a compassionate one?

The Tibetans (in particular) had a long-standing connection with eastern Europe, esp. the Russian Tsars. In fact after the Tibetan diaspora numerous texts which were lost could only be rediscovered in Russia, where a large repository still exists.