--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Angela Mailander
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Whatever else meditation may be, it certainly is also a fabulous
social engineering tool.  Consider: Maharishi took a bunch of freedom
and democracy loving hippies, and, in the space of twenty years, turned
them into firm believers in the divine right of kings, appointed by a
superior priest caste, naturally--one with the power, no doubt, to off
unruly rulers.

Angela, I am highly dubious about everything else you say about Hitler
etc. but this is hitting the nail very firmly on the head. I think the
human capacity for self-delusion is near infinite and the TMO in it's
current "raja" guise is getting scary, how can so many people have
given up independent thought so completely.