> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "mainstream20016"

> has been

> all
> > > the SF
> Lynch

> to avoid
> public
> which will

> technique"
> do away

> > > suite, away from the
> > > the puja privately, in
> > >
> > > Two questions:
> > >
> > > 1) Do the would-be meditaters bring fruit flowers and handkerchief?
> > > [Please explain]
> > >
> > > 2) Is all of this by *direct* instructions from Maharishi?
> > >

> >  Maharishi has been flexible with aspects of the puja, including not
> requirng the student to
> > observe the teacher's performance of the puja.  Maharishi might
> allow the teacher to
> > provide the fruit, flowers, and handkerchief, to further reassure
> the student.
> >
> > The TM technique's current irrelevance is due to the now
> overtly-religious TMO. The SIMS
> > period through 1975 saw TM taught as a secular technique, and
> incredibly wide
> > acceptance.  Since the Sidhi program instruction in 1976, the TMO
> has not been able to
> > present itself as a non-religious organization.   Not coincidently
> TM has since become
> > irrelevant.  A return to secular TM instruction made available from
> a new, separate secular
> > teaching organization will allow its wide acceptance - the current
> affiliation with the
> > overtly-religious TMO will not.
>

> Having now read most of your posts in this thread, I get the
> impression that this current effort to establish a 'secular' TMO is
> mainly an idea you have concocted and are promoting and that it didn't
> come from Maharishi.

 Maharishi intends to make TM available to all persons. He made tremendous
progress
when TM was taught as a secular technique. The overtly-religious Sidhi program
then
became the focus of the TM movement, followed by numberous overtly-religious
programs of the TMO.  As such, Maharishi's intention to make TM available to
all persons
will not be achieved.

> I also get the impression that you wouldn't hesitate to proceed to
> accomplish a 'secular' organization without his direct approval.

from #151346:
..." It would be wise for the TMO to license a separate organization to teach
TM in the
manner taught prior to the Siddhis program, an organization that values the
secular
aspects of TM."
The establishment of a firmly secular organization to teach TM widely has many
advantages for the current TMO, the main one being that TM will again have a
chance to
be learned by all.

> In my eyes it's bad enough that the key substance of the initiation,
> the Puja, its importance and its implications, is being relegated to
> darkness, and that the would-be meditaters are totally excluded from
> it. In my view, your proposition is not only dangerously contra to
> maintaining the purity of the teaching, but flat out dishonest.

Current TM instruction does not require the student to observe the puja.

> I also find it appalling that a TM teacher would resort to having to
> hide truths about TM from the general public.

A religion has been constructed around TM, and is keepingTM from being widely
accepted.
In essence, the process of shrouding TM with religiousity relegates TM to
obscurity, the
greatest offense.