lurkernomore20002000 wrote:
> Lurk:
> Just remember one thing.  God, (or whoever, or whatever), gave you two
> ears and one mouth for a reason.
>
> Bhairitu:
> Cute, but why do people in this group need more discipline than any
> other Yahoo group?
>
> Lurk:
> Probably because we're all kind of "family" here. And you know
> how "family" is.  Most everyone here, especially the main contributors
> have a shared history.  If we're not bashing one another over the
> head, we're making nice.  I'll tell you another secret Bhairitu, in
> our family of 5, (two adults, three kids), we need a referee (the
> parents)---constantly.  One of the great misconceptions of life is
> that kids expect grownups will have outgrown some of the petty
> disputes that I know arise several times an hour in our household.
> That is a belly laugh joke, and explains, I think, one of the reasons
> why we have posting limits here.
You must not get out much then (on the Internet that is).  There are
many Yahoo groups that I'm on where we're "all kind of family."  They
don't have posting limits.  Let me tell you a secret Lurk, we're all
adults here and don't need any referees.  Some of us don't have "daddy
issues."  Either that or because you have kids you think you get to boss
everyone else around just like you do your kids.  Believe I've seen
people like that and it is a good way to get a slap from me when someone
tries to pull that shit on me in public.  We have some "upscale"
yuppievilles around here housing middle management types who think they
can boss everyone around away from the job.  Boy do they get a surprise
when they try that shit on me.