--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

40yahoogroups.com"FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
> "mainstream20016"
> <mainstream20016@> wrote:
>
> > The genius of MMY was presenting TM as a secular technique. MMY's
> Belgium Declaration
> > of March 12, 1974 is key - wide and deep acceptance of TM results
> from presenting TM in
> > this manner.
>
> As an ironic sidenote, he made that "declaration" when he came to
conclude a
> TTC that Jack Forem and I had been teaching in Belgium (Vincent
Snell and
> Martin Karklins were teaching the Europeans, and John Gray and
Clifford
> McGuire were teaching the younger Americans.

While very wary of spiritual practices dependant upon the presence of
a charismatic leader, yet drawn to spirituality, I learned TM in
Feb.,1974. 1974 was the pinnacle of TMs presentation as a secular
technique. The TM movement at that time was devloping credibility by
offering an authentic meditation that did not require religious
affiliation. I am happy with my TM practice, and have no conflict
between TM and my Christian religious practice. So many who could
benefit from TM.  Hopefully, TM will again be taught as a secular
technique, by a separate and secular organization.