--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "mainstream20016"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>snip
> While very wary of spiritual practices dependant upon the presence >of
> a charismatic leader, yet drawn to spirituality, I learned TM in
> Feb.,1974. 1974 was the pinnacle of TMs presentation as a secular
> technique. The TM movement at that time was devloping credibility by
> offering an authentic meditation that did not require religious
> affiliation. I am happy with my TM practice, and have no conflict
> between TM and my Christian religious practice. So many who could
> benefit from TM.  Hopefully, TM will again be taught as a secular
> technique, by a separate and secular organization.

I could create some for you if you wish, I mean the Pope, come on! :-)
 BTW, TM has been taught as a secular science (without ethics) and
look at what's happened......it's become science *in lieu of*
Religion, (for many) not a good idea at all especially since all the
components of TM are not there since it had to be compromised in order
to teach it as a science.

TM could successfully be called and promoted as a *Religious Science*
IMO, and that would be honest.