Duveyoung wrote:
> Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: 9-11 -- The Inside Job was merely a blip
> (snip .... thought police)
>
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> It's good to look at 9-11 like a mystery movie.  It would be like one of
>> those movies were a dirty cop kills some innocent person and an equally
>> corrupt police force covers up for him.  In the process private
>> detectives and journalists begin to uncover what really went on.  Of
>> course the corrupt police hassles them and try to throw them off as they
>> get too close to the truth.
>>
>> Likewise if 9-11 were an inside job then of course they it would make
>> perfect sense that the perpetrators would use disinformation to throw
>> 9-11 truthers off course.  Many of the 9-11 truth people go to great
>> pains to filter out disinformation and incorrect evidence.  They're not
>> going to be perfect but neither are the perps.  Time will tell.
>>

> Justifying the 9/11 conspiracy theories by suggesting
> they're like what's portrayed in the movies is more
> revealing than you realize.

The movie example (as you should well know) is used as an illustration
of a cover-up.  We've had a number of "cover-ups" exposed during our
lifetime.  Why would 9-11 be any different?  That is unless you actually
believe that 19 terrorists armed with box cutters pulled the thing off.

>> authfriend wrote:

>>> No, you didn't, but Tarpley does, and administration
>>> shills do as well.
>>>

>> On what page of "9/11 Synthetic Terror" does Tarpley say that?  I don't
>> see it.
>>

> It's quoted on the 911myths.com site (note that the
> two paragraphs that follow are quotes from the book):
>
> According to Bob Woodward's canonical mainstream account: "At about
> 10:30 AM
> Cheney reached Bush again on Air Force One, which was still on its way
> toward
> Washington. The White House had received a threat saying, 'Angel is
> next.' Since Angel was the codeword for Air Force One, it could mean
> that terrorists had inside
> information."...
>
> ...the "Angel is next" story contained an explosive potential for the
> longer term, since by pointing toward the existence of highly-placed
> moles within the administration who had access to top secret code
> words and procedures, it threatened to explode the official myth of
> 9/11 which was then taking shape.
> Webster Griffin Tarpley
> 9/11 Synthetic Terror: Made in USA
>
> http://www.911myths.com/html/angel_is_next.html

Those are the pages I checked earlier right out of the book BUT it
doesn't say anything there that specifically "Angel" was a "secret"
codeword.  The top secret code words and procedures would refer to the
ones that allowed them to communicate the message.

>>> Huh? Do I believe it was a legitimate threat?
>>>
>>> Did you read what I wrote?
>>>

>> Did you read what I wrote?  The source on that would have had to be the
>> Bush administration which is known for cover-ups and lies.
>>

> Right. Now read what I wrote again.

>>> Complete non sequitur. Am I making you a little
>>> nervous?
>>>

>> No it isn't a non sequitur.  It is a joke, obviously.
>>

> It's a *non sequitur joke*. You've got things very
> confused in your mind about my position.

ROTFL!  Position? Tap dancing would be more like it.

>> You make me nervous?  Hardly, you're being delusional.
>>

> That was a joke, Bhairitu. I was referring to
> your obvious confusion about what I believe.
>
> <snip>
>
>> Care to share with us just what those debunking sites are (so I can
>> debunk them)?
>>

> Start with 911myths.com and debunking911.com. They
> have links to lots of other debunking sites. Some
> are better than others, of course.

So why should be believe them any more than we should believe the 911
truth sites?

>>> It's a lot more than just "the official story."
>>> You don't have to depend on what the government
>>> says--or on Popular Mechanics, for that matter--
>>> to figure out that the conspiracy theories are
>>> bunk.
>>>

>> That is bunk.  Conspiracies are a part of history.  For some bizarre
>> reason you don't like to admit to them.
>>

> Never said conspiracies weren't a part of history.
> I'll "admit" to plenty of 'em. For some bizarre
> reason you believe anybody who thinks the 9/11
> conspiracy theories are bunk must be unwilling
> to entertain the idea that there have ever been
> *any* conspiracies--as if the fact that there have
> been conspiracies in the past means the 9/11
> conspiracy theories must be true. That's so
> illogical it borders on the irrational.

No, I never said that.  You're jumping to conclusions again.

>>> There are several people on FFL who are skeptical
>>> of the conspiracy theories.
>>>

>> So you speak for them?  There are many others here who aren't so
>>
> skeptical.
>
> Right. I'm speaking for the skeptical ones, obviously.
> You really are having trouble comprehending what I'm
> writing.

Not at all.  But you seem to be having trouble comprehending what I am
comprehending.  Or is this just a "ritual defamation" exercise?

>>> I've been very interested in it ever since it
>>> happened and have read everything I could find
>>> on it.
>>>
>>> How do you think I know the Popular Mechanics
>>> debunking was so poor and simplistic if I
>>> haven't looked into the theories in some detail?
>>>
>>> You don't seem to see the contradictions in
>>> your own arguments.
>>>

>> There are no contradictions in my arguments.  You're just making
>>
> that up.
>
> I just cited a contradiction. Read what I wrote
> again, please.
That's a long stretch.

But enough badminton for today.  :D :D :D