--The 3-rd Reich "equivalent" to being a Raja: being anointed a
Knight of the Iron Cross, of which there were 5 grades.  Herman G. is
probably on the list.  In this incarnation he can become a Raja by
wiring in the one Mil; thus (perhaps) being the only person ever to
be a Knight of the Iron Cross AND a Raja!

at http://www.tinyurl.com/2k54qx

To qualify for the Knight's Cross, a soldier had to have held the
1939 Iron Cross First Class already, though the Iron Cross I Class
was awarded concurrently with the Knight's Cross in rare cases. Unit
commanders could also be awarded the medal for exemplary conduct by
the unit as a whole. Also, U-boat commanders could qualify for
sinking 100,000 tons of shipping, and Luftwaffe pilots could qualify
for accumulating 20 "points" [with one point being awarded for
shooting down a single-engine plane, two points for a twin-engine
plane,and three for a four-engine plane, with all points being
doubled at night]. It was issued from 1939-45, with the requirements
being gradually raised as the war went on.

- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "lurkernomore20002000"