--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> On Behalf Of off_world_beings
> Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2007 11:40 AM
> To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Ron Paul
>

> It is only a few inches over 100years.
>
> If Antarctica and Greenland melted sea levels would rise about 40
feet.>>

You are not thinking straight. I said it is only a few inches or a
foot over 100years, at some of the fastest possible rates predicted
that they could melt.
Please deal with this point properly Rick, you are being obstinant.

> No, there will be more food if the ice-caps totally melt and more
> land available (Antartica is a huge continent (Greenland also very
> big), think how much food could grow there. You could feed the
world
> from that Antartic land mass alone if you did it right.
>
> If Antarctica and Greenland were temperate enough to grow food, do
you have
> any idea how hot the currently temperate zones would be?>>

Not very much hotter, and what you fail to understand is that
tropical regions could actually spread into desert regions during
global warming. Not only that, the forests at the north of canada
would expand northward (as they already have for other reasons)
causing further regulation. It is vast cooling element (but of
course, most people are not aware of such things)

I am not saying there is not an issue, but down't worry about sea
levels, worry about your atmosphere becoming unbrietable within the
next 20 years. To stop this, there are 2 - 3 possible ways:
1.  A complete transformation in consciousness whereby matter (not
just environmental laws) can be changed at will.
2. A massive die out due to over-pollution - probably mostly in Asia
(maybe Texas too) thus reducing pollution very fast.
(3. the aliens come down to save you with higher technology)

 All the currently
> arable land in the world would be blistering desert, >>

Total nonsense. Really, get informed first.

<<and the people who had
> lived there, a few billions of them, will be heading north, dying
by the
> hundreds of millions along the way.>>

This is cloud-cuckoo land you are dreaming in.
The ice caps would take 200 years to get to the point of melting and
very few of the calamities that you say would take place elsewhere
would occur.

You and the others have bought into the sheepmindset. Think for
yourself. You NEED TO BE CONCERNED ABOUT FAMINE in the next 20 years
due to poison, and poisoned air, and poisoned seas, no fish and
degraded soils. That will annihilate us LONG BEFORE THE ICE CAPS MELT.

>  for my house, and I will
> move to New Foundland or Greenland or northern Scotland, where
> beaches will be pristine and the summers long and warm.
>
> You will be among hundreds of millions of others heading North.>>

They will never keep up with me.

> Then people talk about flooding in Bangladesh. Bangladesh was a
place
> that was never supposed to have so many people on it. The
population
> living close to sea level there has exploded in the last couple of
> decades or so...so, no, I expect those people, who have WAY too
many
> children for a modern planet, will have to move out of that region,
> or build a boat city type thing.
>
> That's a good one, Off. 150 million people living on a "boat city
type of
> thing.">>

Now you are being silly, I said they would move inland, and if there
are any fish left in the sea, many people on this planet will live on
boats in the ocean - in boat cities. Get used to it, that is the
future.

OffWorld