> On Nov 19, 2007, at 9:20 AM, do.rflex wrote:
>
> > I'm not talking about what somebody says *about* the Absolute, I'm
> > talking about the *experience* of the Absolute. Like I said, Vaj,
> > without a direct experience of the Absolute, all of your pseudo
> > scholarly comparative mumbo-jumbo verbiage is meaningless apart from
> > satisfying curiosity but with nothing practical to show for it.
> >
> > If you can't come up with anything more than your pontifications
> > you're wasting everybody's time. But specifically offering something
> > practicable instead of just ignorantly bashing TM isn't your purpose,
> > is it? Your purpose is just to bash TM, a technique that works,
> > without offering anything else better; an empty arrogant exercise in
> > personal hostility.
>
> Sorry do.rflex, you seem to have misunderstood once again. I do not
> assume (like you do) that TMers experience anything like "the
> absolute", but I do accept that they have been conditioned to believe
> they are having the experience they were told they are experiencing.
> A large part of TM indoctrination, as you know, is setting up belief
> expectations and telling people what it is they will experience. That
> does not make it true.

You wouldn't know, Vaj, since you've never *experienced* properly
instructed TM.

> So, therefore your belief that TMers have this experience is IMHO,
> mostly conditioning.

Nope. I've seen the direct results and the predictable effects in
countless TMers.

> If you don't like to hear more about the YS and yoga-darshana because
> they threaten you, don't read what I have to say then.

They certainly don't threaten me in any way at all - any more than any
other literature would. They are just *irrelevant* to the successful
practice of TM.

> But keep in
> mind, if you don't understand the relative correctly, don't expect
> then to present views on the absolute that are of any value other
> than to those who 'drank the koolaid' (i.e. those who've decided to
> believe their TM indoctrination). The more indoctrination a TMer has,
> the more tenaciously they hold onto the newly acquired conditioning.
>
> I'm guessing you've had quite a bit! ;-)

I go by *experience*, not TMO propaganda. In case you hadn't noticed I
have quite a dim view of the TMO as it's currently being operated, and
with all the Vedic stuff. My *experience* doesn't lie. Your total lack
of that *experience* disqualifies you from judging it.

> > > But the latter is common is diluted and/or
> > > distorted traditions, like the TMO.
> >
> > Your attempt to characterize the TMO has nothing to do with the
> > reality of the actual direct *experience* of the Absolute by countless
> > numbers of TMers via TM. And you haven't a clue what that really is
> > since you've never *experienced* the actual properly instructed
> > practice of TM yourself.

> Again, you are operating on a false assumption, that TMers, via TM,
> experience the absolute. I don't accept that that is in fact the case
> in all or most TMers, although I do accept that many believe they are
> experiencing pure consciousness, the home of all the laws of nature,
> the unified field, the vacuum state, etc., etc. etc.

Since I've instructed tens of hundreds of people into TM and directly
seen the results, my views carry a hell of a lot more legitimacy than
an outside self-appointed critic who has not - and who has not even
*experienced* TM himself.