Sal, my memory is at least as bad as yours but Talayna's figures very large in
the memories
I do have.  Mike Talayna was initiated in '72 or '73 (by Michael Blitz, I
think, but maybe it
was Steve Boss) and he was totally enthusiastic about TM.  He'd let the
initiators eat at
Talayna's for free whenever he was at the restaurant.  He was a total young
buck Italian
Mafioso with the open collar shirts, tight polyester pants, one of those
squiggly horn
pendants on a gold chain and huge, infectious charm.

I do remember that for months after he learned TM, when I'd be giving
introductory
lectures at Wash U., he'd come in (generally well after the lecture had
started), ushering
one or two dark suited, older Italian men in hats and make them listen to me
(or one of
the other initiators) talk about TM's benefits.  None of these older (presumed)
Mafiosos
ever started and it was obvious that they were totally uninterested in what we
were talking
about but Mike T. was indefatigable; you could see he was putting all his
influence into
getting these guys to start meditation, talking to them earnestly after the
lecture and
introducing them to the young, scrubbed face initiators.  It was a total movie.

The Arundel center was just up the road (Skinker) from Wash U., past the
Vedanta Center,
less than a half-mile away; a big, grey stucco house in one of the gated
neighborhoods
that ran along Forest Park.

It was a great time and an absolute trip.  If you participated in any center
event or
advanced lecture or anything like that, I'm sure that our paths crossed.  Cool.

Marek

**