--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Donald Sosin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "do.rflex" <do.rflex@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "george_deforest"
> > <george.deforest@> wrote:
> > >
> > > I said, "I know I am being opposed.
> > >
> > > I am prepared to take and swallow and digest
> > > ninety-nine people opposing as long as I have
> > > one person to follow me."
> > >
> > > The formula was in terms of one in one hundred.
> > >
> > > In San Francisco, the formula came:
> > > for whatever reason they come, I should not reject them.
> > > In England, the formula came: in whatever way they oppose me,
> > > I should not deter. I remain firm.
> > >
> > > One in one hundred, one in one hundred.
> > >
> > > And I was repeating that I am prepared
> > > to have 99 oppositions, as long as there is
> > > one word through him that we will rise up to the goal.
> > >
> > > source:
> > > http://globalgoodnews.com/world-peace-a.html?art=11955008971054584
> >
> > ===
> >
> > "I know I am being opposed. I am prepared to take and swallow and
> > digest ninety-nine people opposing as long as I have one person to
> > follow me."
> >
> > Absolute Being?  Maharishi doesn't sound here like a man who's fully
> > confident in his position. He sounds like a guy who's arrogant,
> > combative, defensive and vulnerable.
> >

> When we were getting our sidhis on the Invincibility for Israel
course 1978-1979, I found
> this passage:
>

> You will chase and destroy your enemies, 8even if there are only
five of you and a hundred
> of them, or only a hundred of you and ten thousand of them.
Leviticus 26:8

You're using Leviticus to defend Maharishi? Are you a religious
scholar? Perhaps you could help with the following questions:

a) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a
pleasing odor for the Lord (Leviticus 1:9). The problem is my
neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite
them?

b) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in
Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair
price for her?

c) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in
her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev 15:19-24). The problem is,
how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

d) Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and
female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend
of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can
you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

e) I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus
35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated
to kill him myself?

f) A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an
Abomination (Lev 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than
homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

g) Lev 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have
a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses.
Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

> Maharishi works five times more efficiently...no surprise. It's not
arrogance, he just is
> making a statement of who he is. That tends to bring out irritation
in people that can't
> handle it.

Pointing out the obvious is because of irritation? It's interesting
that true believer indoctrinees like you try to blame people who make
honest observations that you don't like. It appears that you lack
critical thinking skills. That's to your loss.

> Look what happened with Raja Emmanuel the other day. (And note the
> significance of his name, "God is with us."

You think that because he calls himself Emmanuel that that somehow
suggests that God was actually with him when he made that disastrous
lecture? I know guys in South America named Jesus. Does that mean that
they are the Sons of God?

Again, you're trying to blame the audience for 'Raja Emanuel's'
ineptitude in giving a lecture. He made an ass of himself. David Lynch
had to rescue him. It's that simple.