I told you before you were a gifted writer.  Yiddish is easy for someone who
speaks German.  Superb Yiddish rant. I love the word "verklempt" especially.
It comes from the German, "beklemmt." which means "fearful," or "anxious," but
the literal image or metaphor that it houses is "clamped down."  And yes, your
position is crystal clear.  a

curtisdeltablues <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Someone asked me off line to give a reference for the Yiddish post.
 This is the site I used:
 http://www.sbjf.org/sbjco/schmaltz/yiddish_phrases.htm

 What a fantastic language!  Now, for those who care, you can translate
 the Jewish mother rant I laid on Rory.  Sorry in advance to anyone who
 cares how much I butchered the language with my paint-by-the-numbers
 approach. All in fun, I hope it makes someone smile:

 "or to lie to you to make > you feel better, if that's what you want"

 That's all I ever wanted from you Rory. You don't call you don't
 write, and is it too much to ask for a box of chocolates once in a
 while? You can keep the flowers I got allergies, now pull up a chair
 and eat, you look like a skeleton, what they don't have any kugel or
 borscht where you live? Eat and stop with all the fercockt meshuggina
 and stop acting like a zhlub or you'll never find a shadkhen to
 introduce you to a nice zaftig shiksa to shtup with yer shvantz, ya
 nudnik! I don't mean to kvetch. Enough with the schmaltz Bubbala, I'm
 getting ver clempt.

 Now gay ga zinta hate, stop being such a fershtinkiner, just tone down
 the chutzpah bissel. Fershtay?

 I hope that makes my position a bit clearer.