<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Sal:
> > I totally agree with this, Barry.  Was anyone else on the first
> > Holland Course, I think in '83?

Long after my time, but I love your telling of it.
I can relate, from other courses.

> > There we all were, during one of the
> > coldest winters on record, in one of the coldest countries in the
> > world, in a freezing flying hall, some of the hotels with minimal
> > heat as well, bad food...

I still have a phobia about brussel sprouts. :-)

> > ...transportation TMO-style so bad a bunch of us
> > decided to rent cars at our won expense...and this was supposed
> > to be *FUN.*  This was how hundreds of us were spending our
> > vacation time.  :)
> >
> > Were we nuts, deluded, or both?

Yes. The amazing thing is, it *was* fun. At the
time. We were having a *ball* freezing our butts
off and eating brussel sprouts every night. Go
figure. Doofuses were us.  :-)

> I really loved that course. I think it must have been '84 cuz I was
> running the DC center then. Driving 100 miles an hour in a rented
> BMW to get to the lecture hall. Being in freak'n Amsterdam and NOT
> diving into the cannabis menu! How nuts was that.

LOL.