Brian Horsfield wrote:
> Richard, are you seriously supporting the McCain
> doctrine for continued war?

So, we are agreed that the U.S. is in a war. Then,
I'm thinking of voting for the candidate who can win
the war, not lose it. Ron Paul has zero experience
winning any wars and apparently has no plan of how
to win this one. I want to vote for a winner, not a
loser, don't you? McCain has the most experience in
fighting wars and the most experience in the U.S.
Congress. And McCain is electable - I think he could
be a winner.

Hillary Clinton may be an electable candidate and I
could vote for her as well. She supports the war and
wants to win it - she supports regime change and voted
to authorize the President to use force against Saddam
Hussain. Bill Clinton thought Iraq had something to
do with the war - he bombed Iraq and destroyed a soap
factory and killed a camel.

> Every candidate "says" they will end the war - like
> the Democrats said in 2006.

Maybe so, but I'm going to vote for the experienced
warrior. If Duncan Hunter is nominated, I'd vote for
him. He is a Vietnam Veteran - he knows what it takes
to win a war. Hunter also has the best plan to make
the U.S. safe with border security, an essential part
of winning the war.

> The civilian death toll is close to one million by
> independant estimates using change in the death rates
> since the US invaded.

According to what I've read, Saddam Hussien caused the
death of over two million people.

> And to a country that WAS NO THREAT to the US, and
> had nothing to do with 9-11.

Maybe so, but most of your congressional leaders voted
to oust Saddam by any means neccessary including force.
It's too late to change course now and change your mind
and try to retreat. Losing the war is not an option.
The single most important issue is how to win the war
and how to secure America's borders.

"The Iraq war resolution passed the Senate with 77 votes
in October 2002:

WASHINGTON - In a major victory for the White House, the
Senate early Friday voted 77-23 to authorize President
Bush to attack Iraq if Saddam Hussein refuses to give up
weapons of mass destruction as required by U.N.
resolutions."

Full story:

'Senate approves Iraq war resolution'
CNN, Inside Politics, Friday, October 11, 2002
http://archives.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/10/11/iraq.us/