>--- shempmcgurk wrote:
>
> --- ruthsimplicity wrote:
> >
> > --- TurquoiseB  wrote:
> > >
> > > The universe, as far as I can tell, IS mystery.
> > > The word "mystery" could well be a synonym FOR
> > > the universe. From its surface level to its
> > > finest, most fundamental level, mystery is all
> > > you find at the end of every quest.
> > >
> > > My feeling about this is that the coolest and
> > > smartest thing we could do is *embrace* the
> > > mystery. I understand that some people love
> > > to contemplate the mystery and search for whys
> > > or hows or "answers," but I just get off on
> > > the mystery deepening into deeper mystery.
> > >
> > EXACTLY how I feel.  There is beauty and logic but still it is all a
> > mystery.
> >
> > That is fine by me.
>
> It isn't fine by me.
>
> "Mystery" denotes a degree of unknowing and incompletion.  If my
> consicousness is, ultimately, capable of knowing and experiencing the
> universe that is what I want.
>
> It may be enjoyable and fun to contemplate a mystery but I want the
> whole enchilada.

Gotta agree here. Saying "I love the mystery"
reminds me of people who say, "Life is a journey,
and not a destination." That sounds like what
people say when they don't have answers and
don't expect to arrive anywhere.

I wouldn't be so cynical if there weren't so many
people who've said, "There is a destination, and
an awakening." If they got there, I would like to
get there, too.

The best experience I ever had in meditation
was an instant when everything in the universe
made sense. I got it, if just for a tenth of a second.

Look how much entertainment depends on
producing that sense of "aha!" All those mystery
novels. The Harry Potter franchise. All sorts of
educational pursuits. It's a great feeling. Is it just
that - a feeling? - or does it reflect a more universal
fulfillment inherent in the human experience?