--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> On Behalf Of nablusoss1008
> Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2008 12:29 PM
> To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Spiritual Practice Since Blake
>

> > You're right. It's hard for me to grasp. It's not clear to me why
> those of
> > who like FF and choose to live here yet aren't involved in the TMO
> (a
> > significant percentage of the community) aren't capable of creating
> a bit of
> > energy ourselves. Not to mention Amma, Mother Meera, Karunamayi,
> etc., who
> > come here. Are they leeching energy too Nabby? Muscling in on
> Maharishi's
> > turf?
>
> Would they come to those cornfields if it was not for Maharishi ?
>
> No. I fully agree with you that if it weren't for Maharishi, all these
> people wouldn't be here and the saints wouldn't come. But I don't
agree with
> what some (and maybe not you) argue: that this is Maharishi's town and
> saints who come here are just trying to pick the fruits of his
labor. It's
> Maharishi's campus but not Maharishi's town. It is now a diverse,
thriving
> spiritual community and quite a few folks have come here who never even
> practiced TM.

Even when I first came here in 1975, when I had high respect for MMY,
I didn't come here because of MMY, and I never saw MMY as somehow the
alpha and omega of MIU, much less the town of ffld.  MIU was once a
very good and innovative university because of the many unique
professors that developed the unique curriculum, yes with guidance
from MMY and his SCI (which I now see as incredible hollow), but the
substance was theirs, and 99% of the hard real work was theirs, and
the whole university grew with the aid of hundreds of devoted people.
 Look what's happened to the educational quality and quality of life
at MUM today since almost all of these people have fled!  Look at
what's happened to the mov't since so many people there in the 70s
fled!   MMY is still here, still micro managing as always and it's
been downhill for years.

MMY was almost as lucky as Ringo given the quality of the people he
attracted to him and who helped him achieve all he did in the past.