> wrote:

> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Adrian Price <a.price79@>

> > > Hi Adrian,
> > >
> > > As intriguing as the idea of earning "points" by
> > > watching ads on websites is, I decided not to go
> > > to the site you mentioned and sign up.
> > >
> > > Instead, I went to several well-known child porn-
> > > ography sites and entered your username as a sub-
> > > scriber. I'm sure this will help you to earn points
> > > as well, although of a slightly different kind, and
> > > possibly from law enforcement authorities.
> > >
> > > See you.
> >

> > 1) I've been on the internet for 10 years and although I am aware
of
> > the concept of child pornography and that it appears somewhere on
the
> > internet, I wouldn't know where to look for a child pornography
site
> > EVEN IF I GOOGLED IT.  Yet Barry Wright is familiar enough with
child
> > pornography that he knows which ones are "well-known".  Hmmmm.
> >
> > 2) Adrian has committed the terrible crime of forum spamming (see
> > http://tinyurl.com/2eb8sk).  How horrible.  Adrian is wasting our
> > time by making pocket money.  Kinda like the solicitations we all
> > used to get in the '70s and '80s by recently recruited Amway
salesmen
> > trying to get us to go to one of their pep rallies to sign us up
so
> > that we become part of their downline.  The difference here, of
> > course, is that Adrian wastes about 5 seconds of my time as I
read
> > his silly post whereby the Amway people used to waste about 5
hours
> > of my time if I got suckered into going to one of their meetings
(it
> > happened to me at least twice with Amway and about 3 times with
other
> > multi-level marketing solicitations).
> >
> > 3) In punishment for his "crime", Barry Wright has put Adrian
into a
> > position of actually being accused of a very real crime (can you
> > say "Pete Townsend"?).  He has done what is probably the meanest,
> > lowest thing that can be done on the internet: he has pretended
to be
> > someone he is not and misrepresented another person's username.
And
> > not just anywhere but feeding it into a child pornography site, a
> > place that I would assume Adrian has never, ever visited nor has
> > desire to visit.
> >
> > Barry has framed Adrian.  Barry has become upset because Adrian
> > wasted about 5 seconds of Barry's time and has therefore deemed
it
> > justice that to put Adrian in a very real position of having to
deal
> > with authorities is equivalent to what Adrian did to Barry.
> >
> > If I were Adrian, I would, instead, alert said authorities to
Barry's
> > crime which was (1) identity theft; and (2) identity theft for
the
> > purpose of framing another.
>

> Of course I didn't really DO what I said I did.
> That's just my standard response to spammers, to
> make them think about what they risk by posting
> their email addresses to people whose privacy
> they have invaded with their spam.
>
> But it's interesting that Shemp has gotten his
> panties in a twist over this. Maybe he's worried
> that some of his favorite sites will get shut down.
> I mean, this IS the guy who's ga-ga over Juno and
> Vanessa Paradis and other jailbait, if I remember
> correctly.  :-)

Also:

Barry, do you not have even a clue that what you wrote -- even if you
didn't actually DO it -- may be illegal?

And even if it isn't illegal, that you could have totally freaked
this guy Adrian out?  I bought into it; I actually thought you had
gone on and done what you said you did (indeed, I'm not totally
convinced that you haven't).

You are always the first on the bandwagon to monitor over-posting on
this forum.  The second someone (usually me) is over the 50-posts-per-
week limit, you are posting these stats demanding that the over-
poster be punished or banned.

Now, put your little thinking cap on and ask yourself: what is worse,
over-posting or identity theft?

And since you're now claiming that you didn't actually do it, ask
yourself: what is worse: over-posting or PRETENDING to steal one's
identity and PRETENDING to visit child porn sites and PRETENDING to
frame someone of feeding their usernames into a porn site?

I got a two-week suspension for my horrible "crime".  What do you
think should be visited upon you?