Rick Archer wrote:

> [...]
When I was on TTC and the Sidhis program we had walks every day either
after or before lunch and it was recommended.  Maybe running or heavy
exercise might not be good for someone rounding because of the shock to
the system.  But walking should be okay.   Plus using an Indian diet for
westerners is not a good idea either.   MMY started out saying "eat what
your mother puts before you."  That was a subtle way of saying what your
ancestors ate is probably the best diet for you or modified if you moved
to a new location.  Of course if your ancestors ate a bad diet and
keeled over in their 40's it might not be such a good idea too and needs
some advice or modification.

Your body changes and adapts (acclimatizes) to your environment.  My
guru returned early from his last India trip and when I asked why he
said "too hot!"  So in about 10 years time he had become so acclimatized
to the California climate that India was now too hot.  I also have
another Indian restaurateur friend who told me he gets sick now when he
visits India.

I've also wondered if so many who have had health problems and died
early in the movement were even following advice from even MAPI
practitioners?  I've known people when recommended to at least eat eggs
for breakfast didn't want to and stuck to an "yogic diet" of Indian food
stuff not necessarily that good for westerners.  We're all individuals
and need to find what works "for you" and keep in mind the body will
change too.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: