Hey, Edg, I haven't gotten any of the racist junk mail you have
(yet), and I don't disagree with you that Obama's nomination (should
that happen) and possible election would bring out blatant racism
and uncover for all to see its ugliness and perversity, but I think
that'll be a very good thing.  I feel that many people who harbor
racism subtly but as a chronic condition will recognize it and
repudiate it when it's thrown into high relief for them and they
have to make a conscious choice.

Furthermore, the positive emotional PR generated worldwide by the
election of a black american with a muslim middle name and a
reputation for inspiration cannot begin to be calculated.  That
alone (IMO) would vault an Obama presidency (and the USA) into a new
relationship with the world.  Stress along the different faultlines
of dissension that make up world politics could be relieved and a
true rapproachment with the Islamic mindset that up to now we just
haven't made any effort to understand and appreciate could be
achieved.

More and more I'm viewing this campaign as being a pivot point in
the direction of world consciousness.

Marek

**

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If Obama becomes the candidate, better change the name of the
party to
> the Demolition Party.
>
> I cannot think of anything that would as quickly throw open the
closet
> door and reveal the incredibly dark racism underlying our culture.
>
> It'll put us on the brink of civil war.  Families will be torn
asunder
> by it.
>
> I am already getting junk mail that is so scurrilously racist about
> Obama that I am shaken by the sheer blind ferocity of it.  I cannot
> think of anything more polarizing at this moment in our culture --
> this is not going to be about the War in Iraq, or the Bill of
Rights
> or The Economy-stupid or the Illuminati -- it's going to be about
how
> the hideous hidden beliefs of folks who have pretended to be
> good-hearted for their entire lifetimes has been the basis, the
> dynamic that keeps the underclass thoroughly controlled and
downtrodden.

> Racism is a tool of the plutocracy to keep the masses angry at each
> other and easily manipulated.
>
> Please, someone talk me out of this obsessive ideation of doom.
>
> Edg

Hillary if
> > McCain is the nominee
> >

> > Unfortunately, national consciousness is so low, that despite
> > McCain's commitment, displayed in this youtube video link, to
fewer
> > jobs and more wars, a promise this psycho will fulfill if he
ends up
> > in the White House, McCain has been endorsed by several
Governors and