Peter, there are things about both McCain and Romney that concern
me, but I agree with you that either would be a significant
improvement over the present fuck-ups in office.  They have so
thoroughly screwed the pooch it's unbelievable.

But Romney strikes me as far too expedient in his ambitions for
power, and McCain, whose personality I like and whose personal
history I admire, is far too warlike in his response to Islamic
radicalism/fascism.  I'd like to see far more time and effort spent
to understand the cultural personality that fosters (or at least
doesn't suppress) the type of violence that we see perpetrated under
the banner of Islam.  Rather than just say that they are
our 'enemies', we have to figure out what have we done and what are
we doing -- in their eyes -- that stimulates such hatred.  We can
deal with terrorism more effectively (IMO) if we have, as you point
out, a paradigm shift in how we see the problem and how we address
it.

**

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>